drifter n : a wanderer who has no established residence or visible means of support [syn: vagrant, floater, vagabond]
- A person who moves from place to place or job to job.
Drifter may refer to:
- A person who drifts from place to place
- Drifter (aircraft) built in Australia by 'Drifter Aircraft'
- Drifter (fishing boat)
- Drifter (chocolate), a Nestlé chocolate bar in the UK
- Drifter (drill), a rock or ground drill
- The Drifter, a 1917 silent film starring Harry Carey
- The Drifter, an animated series
- The Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Drifter motorcycle
- One who participates in the drifting (motorsport)
- A song by Deep Purple from Come Taste the Band
- A fictional character not from Bikini Bottom in SpongeBob SquarePants''
- A type of lightweight sail used in light winds like a spinnaker.
- Drifter (floating device), a device to explore ocean currents
Ahasuerus, Ancient Mariner, Argonaut, Bowery bum, Flying Dutchman, Goliard, Odysseus, Oisin, Ossian, Ulysses, angler, beachcomber, beggar, beggarly fellow, bird of passage, blighter, budmash, bum, bummer, caitiff, derelict, devil, dibber, dibbler, drift netter, drunkard, fisher, fisherman, floater, gad, gadabout, go-about, good-for-naught, good-for-nothing, guddler, hobo, human wreck, itinerant, jacker, jigger, lowlife, mauvais sujet, mean wretch, mover, mucker, no-good, pauvre diable, peregrinator, peregrine, peripatetic, pilgarlic, piscator, piscatorialist, piscatorian, poor creature, poor devil, rambler, roamer, rolling stone, rover, runabout, sad case, sad sack, skid-row bum, stiff, straggler, street arab, stroller, strolling player, sundowner, swagman, the compleat angler, tramp, trawler, troller, troubadour, truant, vag, vagabond, vagrant, vaurien, visitant, wanderer, wandering minstrel, wandering scholar, wastrel, whaler, worthless fellow, wretch